Monday, May 8, 2017

Listening To God

When I was young, all I wanted from school was to get done and get out (I even tried to get my Dad to sign a waiver so I could drop out and enlist in the Army). My parents, however, had a different goal: They wanted me to get something out of school. 

Often times, as children, what we want and what our parents want for us are at odds; but seldom were we right.

With God, as adults, it is not much different except that when we want something different than what He wants for us, we are always wrong. 

The Word of the Lord says, "My ways are not your ways, neither are your thoughts, my thoughts. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than Your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts" (Isa 55:8, 9), which indicates clearly that we will be at odds with God's will for us regularly and just as regularly be wrong. 

Therefore, it seems only logical that our prayer life should be more geared to listening to what God wants than listing what we want. Perhaps as bit more of "What would you have of me?" and a little less of "This is what I want of you."  Jus' Sayn.

No comments:

Post a Comment