Friday, May 5, 2017

Ears to Hear

I am convinced that many Christians live in a rather ironic state where they long for God to speak to them so they might have some clear direction in their lives, all the while God is longing for them to listen to His clear direction, which He shares liberally.

God is not far off and he is not silent; the sheep of God's pasture are not without a Shepherd. John 10:27 plainly states, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

The truth is that God continually speaks through his church, the Bible, through circumstances, through prayer and by the Holy Spirit within us. The trouble is never a failure of God to speak but always a failure of us to listen.   As it is repeated some seven times in Revelation chapters 2 and 3, "Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches."  Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment