Monday, November 20, 2017

Sorry Charlie

I was listening to news on my car radio, driving from one pt's house to another, when I heard the anchor say that Charlie Manson enjoyed a cultist celebrity status for over 50 years, and then she corrected herself adding, "Enjoying."  That phrase rolled around in my head for a moment before a I asked the question in my spirit, "Really?  Charlie Manson is enjoying something, anything just now?"

While I am no one's judge, I can hardly believe that Charlie is enjoying the poison fruit of his evil and murderous past. Although my understanding is that Manson remained unrepentant and defiant from the time he caused the deaths of seven individuals in August of 1969, until the Lord called him to answer for his deeds earlier today, November 2017, he may have repented somewhere between those fateful dates.

If Manson somehow or someway turned his heart to God and was covered by the blood of Christ, cleansing him from the blood of the innocent lives he took, he would not be enjoying that notoriety but thankful that it would not be remembered against him. If he, as I suppose he did, remained unrepentant, I cannot imagine he is enjoying being reminded for eternity of his sin and his judgment for the evil this man conjured in the hearts of others and the suffering he visited on even more still.

The truth is that "God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows" (Gal 6:7).  We know that Manson was serving 9 life sentences and denied parole 12 times as a consequence of his sins. If he did not find his way to accepting Christ before he found his way to the end of this life, his jail time would not be even a drop in the ocean of sentence coming from the Throne.

The Good News is that "The Lord is...not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Pet 3:9).  So passionately does the Father want to keep us from judgment, "He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him" (1 Jn 4:9).

God's grace is available, the choice is yours. Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment