Saturday, July 20, 2013

Travel Plans

In Genesis 12:1, God told Abram to leave his home and "go to the land I will show you."  Imagine the conversation with his wife, Sarai.  "Hey Honey, we're moving". "To where?"  Don't know."  "To do what?"  "Haven't a clue."  "How will we live?"  "Beats me."  "We'll, what do you know?"  "I know God told me to go and that is enough."

Would that be enough for you?  Think about quoting your job, moving to a place you've never been to do something you've never prepared for - yeah, that was Abram's call. That is also the call of many  in missions today. I answered a similar call when I left the Air Force, sold my house and headed off to preaching school. I did't know what would happen or how, but I knew God called me.

God calls each of us, not always in such a dramatic way but He always calls us from where we are to where He is. Perhaps it's to reach someone across the street, possibly to a mission kitchen downtown on weekends, maybe to a deeper faith - wherever, whatever, are you ready and willing to go?

Jus' Askn.

No comments:

Post a Comment