Monday, July 6, 2015

He Rules

When I lived in California, I would often take my family to the ocean.  We weren't surfers, we we more splashers and beach loungers.  I did swim a time or two and even braved a boogie board once.  But by and large, I enjoyed the ocean from the beach.

From by vantage point on the beach, I would watch the wave roll in and back out again.  Surfers would wait patiently to catch one and ride it back to the shore.  Sometimes they rode it, sometimes it wiped them out.  But every time, the waves made it to the shore and back out again.   There was nothing the surfers could do to control the waves, only wait and ride the waves or be covered up by one in their attempt to ride it.

I could pick my spot on the beach, spread a blanket and settle in for a restful and refreshing day.  But the tide cared not for my choice of lounging spots.  As it began to rise, I could move further in or get covered up by the advancing waters.  I could not stop the tide from rising or even slow it down a bit.

God has a plan and a purpose working out in this world.  We can choose to join in with his purpose, like riding the wave of an ocean, or fail to embrace it and be wiped out in the process.  We can even try to sit it out.  However, the tide of his will continues to rise and will overcome you eventually.  "...my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it" (Isa 55:11).

God has a plan of redemption for this world, which will be carried out.  We can either be a part of the plan or seek after our own will but his plan will not be stopped or come back empty.  His Will shall prevail.  We will either be a part of it or we will be washed away by it.

If you're wondering what his will is, if, as so many I talk to, you are waiting for God to reveal it to you - wonder and wait no more.  His will has been revealed, even his will for you.  It is found in the pages of the Bible and made plain by the inner working of the Spirit.  

If you have been waiting to serve, listening for a word from God; wait no more.  Sit at His feet in prayer and study of his word, and the mystery will be made known to you.  Listen to the encouragement of the apostle Paul: "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth" (2 Tim 2:15).

God is sovereign, he rules.  You can be a part of that rule or be swept away by it.  The choice is yours and the His Will has been handed down to you in the pages of the Bible.  Take time daily to seek aftter Him in prayer and submersion in that word.  Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment