Monday, May 5, 2014

I Am

Moses was in awe of the Voice from the burning bush that did not burn up.  But he was not impressed with His choice of representatives to call His people out of Egypt - Moses. 

Moses warned some credentials to present to the people of Israel if he was to go back to them and try again to lead them, so he asked, "What name shall I give them when they ask who is it that is sending you? (ex 3:13).  "God said to Moses, 'I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘ I am has sent me to you'" (Ex 3:14).

In other words, God was assuring Moses, telling him I am who I choose to be for you and them. I will be be who you need me to be as I carry out my will through you. I will be your protector, yor provider and your guide. I will be your voice, your authority and your power before Pharoah.  

God was not limited in the way the people envisioned gods to be, God was limitless in His power and scope. God could do to and through Moses whatever was needed to bring about success. 

When God calls us to ministry,mercenary though we lack confidence in ourselves,mew should have every ciponfidence in Him who can be what ever we need him to be in and through us. God does not have to call the equipped as he will  equip the called in whatever ways are necessary

Our answer to God ought always be yes even when our knowledge or skill sets scream, "No way!"  Jesus is "the Way" (John 14:6).  And we "can do all things through Him who gives us strength" (Phil 4:13). 

Jus' Sayn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment