Friday, April 28, 2017

Zero Sum

In reading from God's word in Matthew 6:1ff, you will see all the familiar teachings such as "The Lord's Prayer," "Treasures In Heaven," "Do Not Worry," etc.  But there was only one message with several supporting sub-points: 

Do not be double-minded thinking I can 1) "ask God to forgive while refusing to forgive others" or 2) "I can fast while feeding on pride" or 3) "I can focus on temporal treasure and gain eternal ones" or 4) "I can be critical and become positive."  

Take the time to read Matthew 6 looking at it through this lens.  I believe you will see this universal truth, you first heard about in grammar school: A positive added to its negative counterpart equals a zero sum.  

The point being - we have to choose either God's positive light or Satan's negative darkness. To attempt holding on to both is a zero gain, leaving you with nothing.  

This zero sum warning is found in Revelation 3:15-16, "...you are neither cold nor hot....So, because you are lukewarm...I am about to spit you out of my mouth."  

You can choose the Savior's path or Satan's, good or evil, hot or cold - not both.  What's your choice?  Jus' Ask'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment