Thursday, August 24, 2017

Clueless but Unshaken

The software program used by the hospice I work for has not been especially user-friendly.  In fact, it has been challenging enough to bring nurses to the point of tears and chaplains to the point of cussing.  I was fortunate enough to have been using an equally evil software program in my insurance business I had before beginning hospice work that it was less of a hurdle for me than many.

In fact, over the years, I have been able to train new chaplains on the system and help others in different disciplines to slay the software dragon.  But, a new day has dawned; the decision has been made to switch to a new system, a hopefully better and more user-friendly system, but new to everyone - even me.

So what this means is that I will no longer be a system sage that others turn to, we will all be equally ignorant as we transition from one software program to the next.  We are about to experience a software wilderness of sorts, moving into a place where none of us has gone before.

As I think about the upcoming move to a new and different system, I am reminded of the Children of Israel moving into the Promised Land.  The new land would be far better than what they had been experiencing but it was completely unknown.  Nonetheless, they would enter the land as the Lord directed.

However, young Joshua, who likewise would be a novice in this new land, was not afraid - not because he had such great confidence in himself or that he had some special knowledge of this place. He was clueless about the extent of where he was about to lead the people but unshaken because he knew who would be there with him: The Lord!

And, God told Joshua, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Josh 1:9).  The where, the what and the when are not so imposing or important when you know The Who.

I feel this was about a company-wide move into a new software program, I know there are a lot of praying people, concerned about our ability to provide the best care possible for our patients, that are laying this out before God - I'm one of them.  And, I know God will be there with us.  I am not discouraged.  I am clueless but not shaken.

May I suggest that whatever new or different or challenging thing you are about to face is no different?  It may be completely unknown and daunting to you, but it is not with God who goes before you if you are following Him.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you.  Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment