Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Expensive Whine

From the White House, to Capitol Hill, to the man on the street; we are transforming from a nation of winners to a nation of whiners.  Instead of assessing our problems and coming together as "one nation (people) under God," which was our strength, we point fingers, throw stones and whine about what the other is doing or not doing. 

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand how much there is to complain about about and how many there are for which blame can be rightly assigned, but I don't see how becoming a house divided, filled with accusers and whiners brings about any good. Jesus clearly warned "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall" (Luke 11:17).

I don't like the direction our leadership has been taking our country. I didn't vote for Obama, I don't care much for Leader Reed and I'm not particularly pleased with Speaker Boehner. Politicians, in general, don't inspire much admiration in me. Nonetheless, I pray for our leaders daily and the three mentioned above by name. My complaining and whining can never improve our lot with them, but my prayers can. 

Let us discuss our problems and do what we can at the ballot box, in our communities as volunteers, in our letters, emails and calls to representatives, etc. but let us not be a nation of whiners, it simply costs too much. It erodes our faith, it robs our initiative, it dulls our witness. 

The apostle Paul put it this way, "Do everything without grumbling...in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. …" (Phil 2:14-16).

Jus' Sayn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment