Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Enough Factor

Have you ever wondered, "Why me?"  Why was I chosen for this position when there are others so much more qualified?  Why dis I survive a battle when there were so many other soldiers better and more trained than me?  Why did she ever say yes to me when she could have married so much better?  

And the really big question: "How could God ever love someone like me?   Why would He bless me when there are so many more righteous and good people than me?  How could I ever think I was good enough?

All those questions are raised with the wrong focus, you have made yourself the focus, as if it were up to you to be qualified enough, brave enough, smart enough, attractive enough - good enough. What you are not truly considering is the "enough" factor of the other. 

Maybe your boss knew enough about what he wanted to choose you for the job. Maybe someone else was praying hard enough to cover you in that battle. Maybe she knew enough about her needs to know you were the right one for her. And just maybe, God loves you enough to choose you even if you aren't worthy. 

As a matter of fact, I know that God loves you just like that. "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Rom 8:32).  Did you notice that God gave up his Son "for us all?" That would include you!

No, you are not righteous or good enough to deserve God's blessings but "The Enough Factor" of God's love extends to even you and me. Wow!  Jus' Sayn, nuf said!

No comments:

Post a Comment