Sunday, August 17, 2014

Strengths and Strongholds

Because "our struggle is not agains flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the authorities, agains the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Eph 6:12), we dare not try to take our stand against those forces in our own strength.

Instead, for the child of God, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" (Ps 18:2).

Sadly, however, far too many Christians step out of His stronghold and into the stronghold of Satan by way of strengths given them by the Father.  Really?  Really!

The gift of discernment can become the trap of a judgmental spirit. Righteousness can morph into a pious arrogance.  A giving spirit can be adulterated into a spirit of pride.  A serving heart can become a resentful attitude as one begins to feel put upon while others take them for granted.

Do you see the danger in the drift?  Do you see how a strength can lead to your capture in Satan's stronghold?  What is the remedy?  Staying firmly put in God's stronghold, acknowledging his sovereignty and his power in your life daily; humbly using the strength God has given you, leaving the outcome and the judgment to God.  

We remain in God's stronghold when we humbly offer to share God's gift instead of insisting others yield to our superior knowledge or insight.  We must humbly remember it is God's strength that he exercises through us, not our strength we are exercising.  And, that it is God, not us, to whom they must answer, and who is in charge of outcomes.  Jus' Sayn.




No comments:

Post a Comment