Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Delight in the Lord

"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Ps 27:4). So, if I go to church, I'll get that new house?  If I read my Bible, I'll get that new IPad?  I give money to a homeless person and I get that raise?  To hear some tell it, yes.  But to listen to the Word, no.  

To delight in the Lord is desire His will and to seek after His ways. When our heart is reconditioned by the Spirit, we begin to want what God wants and to seek after His will. When we are in tune with God, then, like Paul, we will be "content in all circumstances" (Phil 4:12). 

Our hearts will be full as we help someone in need, they will swell as we wipe away the tears of someone hurting, we will take delight when good prevails over evil. As a side effect, when we "Seek first the kingdom of righteousness" (Matt 6:33), our personal needs are met as well, but getting what we want becomes secondary in our hearts to seeing God's will carried out. The desire of our heart becomes experiencing God and His rule in our lives. Jus' Sayn.

No comments:

Post a Comment