Thursday, July 6, 2017

Heaven's Fireworks

As I sat in my hot tub late evening on the 4th, I could hear the fireworks going off around the neighborhood and I could see some in the distance.  But, what got my attention was one little light flickering in my backyard - a single firefly was flitting about and I watched it for several minutes until it flew over the fence and into the night.

All the big noise and the bright lights of the fireworks faded into the background as one little heavenly light carried me back to my childhood and reminded me the God who created fireflies and me.  I was captured by the majesty of a little bug with a tail that lights up like a beacon.

My point?  "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of his hands" (Ps 19:1).  In this case, it was just a little part of the heavens, a tiny creature floating about in the lowest part of the heavens but still proclaiming the lofty majesty of the Almighty God.

The hand of the Creator can be seen in all of creation.  When you are wondering where God is, just look about you and he can be found in the laugh of a baby, in the smile of a friend, in a gentle breeze or even in a tiny little bug with a flickering tail.  Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment