Friday, August 18, 2017

Sanctuary

When you come home at the end of a troublesome day, where do you go?  Do you head the fridge for a little comfort food?  Do you sit down with your Xbox where you are more in control?   Do you pull the cork out of a bottle so you can "wine" down? Do you go to the Internet where you can find endless forms of escape?  What is your sanctuary?  

Concerned for his disciples, Jesus said, "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth" (Jn 17:17).  The sanctuary Jesus offered his followers was and is the Word of God, that allows "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding [to] guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil 4:9).

I go to my sanctuary each morning when I open the pages of the Bible and devotional material. I believe that the study of God's word has a purifying and peace-producing effect on my heart, mind and soul.  May I suggest that you create a sanctuary time in God's word daily?  Jus' Say'n.

No comments:

Post a Comment