Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Answer

When I was a young preacher, full of head knowledge and, perhaps, a bit full of self, I thought I had to have the answer for everyone (whether they asked or not, by the way),  fortunately, like so many young folks, I was sure I had all the answers. 

As I matured a bit and began to truly see what people were missing in their lives or, more accurately, "Who" they were missing, I came to believe that I needed only to point people to the Answer. 

As I have become much more seasoned and sprinkled more heavily with gray, I have have come to see that I need instead to be the Answer for those lost or hurting around me. 

I finally, after decades of ministry and enough degrees to be a thermometer, truly understood that I was to be "the light of the world...[and]...let [my] light shine before others..." (Matt 5:14-16), or allow the Light of the Christ within shine on others. 

If we, like the apostle Paul, "have been crucified with Christ and [we] no longer live but Christ lives in [us]," (Gal 2:20), then we are Christ for those with whom we come in contact and they see in us the Answer: Christ. People need the Lord - we must let them see Him in our words and deeds.

Jus' Sayn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment