Monday, March 31, 2014

Going Before Us

Jesus warned his disciple that they would be scattered when he was crucified. But he also assured them that there was no reason to fear as they would not face the future alone:  "But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee" (Mk 14:28).  They would not have worry about what they would encounter in the future because Christ would be there, waiting for them. 

This is the same promise that gave King David confidence to face an unknown future: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there" (Psa 139:7-8).  David would never arrive anywhere that God was not already present. Neither will we. 

God is not caught off guard by our circumstances because He has gone ahead and is present in them before we get there: "...all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Ps 139:16).

We do not step into an uncertain future alone. We step into a future where Gid is already present and provisions already made for us. We can face what appears to us as uncertain because Jesus promise "I will not leave you as orphans" (Jn 14:18). 

The future may look dark and bleak at times, but The Lord of Light goes ahead of you to illuminate the way. Do not worry for God is faithful. 

Instead of worrying about the future and how you will get by, "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things (things we worry about) will be provided for" (Matt 6:33).

Jus' Sayn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment