Monday, June 12, 2017

Letting Go

I once recorded, in a prayer journal my desire for God to "Show me what He saw in me, what He saw for me and reveal the path between the two."  

Later, it was clearly revealed, as I read from Paul's letter to the Galatians, that what God sees for me are the attributes of "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" (Gal 5:22, 23).  

The path to perfect these traits is allowing the Spirit to stamp the template of the character of Christ in my heart. I must allow the Spirit full control of my life in order to be fully molded by His character.  

God has shown me that I had not arrived but was on the path. I have yet to fully give myself over to the Spirit's control but I am letting go of the reins. 

I want, and am trying, to not only let go and let God take care of me and mine. But to let go and let God fully control my life. This is the path of true discipleship: "Anyone who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple" (Lk 14:33).  Jus' Sayn.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment